Friday, July 16, 2010

A Fond Farewell

Today’s the day! I fly to Paris tonight to begin my 6 week backpacking trip before settling in Aberdeen at the end of August. Tomorrow I become a European resident.

I am filled with so much love for the family and friends I leave behind. It seems that I have gained an entire network of love and support in the Austin area in just the last year (not to mention my dear ones around the country!) I will miss you all more than I can ever say.

Thank you for inspiring me to listen to my heart and follow my dream. Thank you for your enthusiastic support of those dreams even when it meant imminent separation. Your love has made me who I am.

This one is for y’all!


The Parting Glass (Traditional Irish song)
Performed by the Wailin’ Jennys
Click here to listen in Youtube.

Of all the money that ere I had, I spent it in good company.
And of all the harm that ere I've done, alas was done to none but me.
And all I've done for want of wit, to memory now I cannot recall.
So fill me to the parting glass. Goodnight and joy be with you all.

Of all the comrades that ere I had, they're sorry for my going away,
And of all the sweethearts that ere I had , they wish me one more day to stay,
But since it falls unto my lot that I should rise while you should not,
I will gently rise and I'll softly call, "Goodnight and joy be with you all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment